Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Así es la vida

Hola Todos!!
Ok, now is the perfect time for you to go ahead and let out a sigh of relief (because I know you've been holding your breath in anticipation for my next blog).

Alas, I am still alive, breathing, eating, and SMILING because it is FINALLY sunny outside! (No more googling the sun to make sure it still exists.)

Moving on...I just read the end of my last blog in which I promised to write a "full account of day two in Lisbon soon," but my 20-day tardiness in providing you with that full account is actually a good thing. You've all heard the saying "Do as the Romans do," and that is exactly what I have been doing. If there's one thing I've learned from the Sevillanas, it's that THEY ARE NEVER ON TIME.

For example: My first day in Isa's house I remember her going through her list of rules, schedules, etc. This is when she specified the following meal times:

Breakfast: when you feel like it
Lunch: 3:00 p.m.
Dinner: 10:00 p.m.


Although I was never given a specified time to eat breakfast, it has become my most regimented meal. Kristen and I seldom eat lunch at 3:00, and I cannot remember a time when we ate dinner before 10:30 p.m. But I'm not complaining, así es la vida.

So now that your head is swirling with all of this useless information, you now have the reason for why I believe my delay in blogging is simply my way of integrating into the Spanish society...right?

Picking up from where we left off in Lisbon...

The next morning (after my crazy raw meat experience) we went to the Cristo Rei which is inspired by the Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This HUGE monument (approx. 600 ft tall) stands with open arms, welcoming all of Lisbon's visitors. Here are a couple of pictures:





I was also able to get a better view of the April 25th bridge:



Our next stop after Cristo Rei was the Lisbon Oceanarium. Ok, go ahead and laugh. Yes, I spent at least half a day in Portugal looking at fish, but believe me, it was well worth it. I'm not afraid to admit that I spent just as much time staring at the penguins and the Ocean Sunfish as all of the excited 12-year-olds did.





Here's the best part of the whole blog...A VIDEO OF AN OCTOPUS! If you're not as excited about this video as I am, please feel free to show the nearest five year old!



Well, sorry to cut things off so quickly, but siesta time is in full-swing, and the usual sleepiness of the afternoon is starting to set in. I plan on finishing my update on Lisbon/filling you in on my trip to Madrid before the end of this week. Hasta luego! : )

1 comment:

Seeks Same said...

Thanks for the post about Sevilla and the blog in general! If you want to keep up with your Spanish wanted to let you know you can do so online/on your iPhone with Babbel.com (http://www.babbel.com). Buen viaje!

Post a Comment