Sunday, February 28, 2010

Un "Regimen"

Well, two months and three kilos later, it's time for a "regimen" or diet for all of you people who don't speak Spanish.

Tonight, after eating a HUGE spanish sandwich consisting of white bread, eggs, and cheese, I walked slowly to the sink and sadly showed Isa the result of eating two much bread and dessert. I told her (for the second week in a row) that's it's time for me to go on a diet and I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT eat any more bread and/or fried foods for dinner. She laughed at me and with a huge grin on her face, grabbed my hands and placed them on her waist.

"Feel how much weight I've lost," she said (in Spanish of course), "I've lost 3 kilos (7 pounds) in 15 days." I told her not to give me anymore details...I wasn't in the mood to hear her weight loss succcess stories!

She followed me into the hall laughing and told me she would teach me to be on a "regimen." She said I should begin by only eating fruta (fruit) or ensalada (salad) for dinner, but here comes the hard part… she told me it was time to stop snacking and eat only what she gives me.

She then proceeded to list all of the things I need to stop eating including:
1) Mucho pan (a lot of bread)
2) Postre, especialmente Neopolitanas (dessert, especially (MY FAVORITE) NEOPOLITANAS)
3) Bocadillos (sandwiches)
4) Galletas con chocolate (cookies with chocolate)

I have no idea how she knew I've been eating all this stuff (maybe from personal experience), but she told me it was time for a change!
"I promise to eat only salad and fruit for dinner," I said sticking out my hand. Isa smiled, and we shook on it. “Vale (okay),” she said.

So here goes, Isa and I shook on it. It's time for a regimen and Isa will be my instructor!! (Why do I feel like I’m making a pact with the devil)? Haha! Wish me luck! : ))

Hasta luego!!

No comments:

Post a Comment