Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Friends in High Places

Hello from rainy New York! As was the case in Sevilla, rain in any city where you do a lot of walking is NOT ROMANTIC!! I’ve come to learn that the combination of straight hair, flip flops, and work attire do not function well in rainy weather. The flip flops are especially difficult, but I’m definitely not going to wear my heels to work. I guess I’ll just continue wearing them and having instances where I fall UP the stairs in the subway, like this morning, for example.

But I’m sick of talking or thinking about the rain. How about I just go ahead tell you about my amazing weekend with two of my Texas friends who so kindly came to the Big Apple to visit me! : )

Here’s a little pictorial recap beginning with our bus tour…

Love St. Patrick's cathedral...reminds me of my time in Europe..


One of the neatest areas in NYC...hopefully I'll have time to go back and do a little boutique shopping before I leave : /


The "Flatiron Building..." not going to lie, I'm not a huge fan of the architecture...


You didn't think I would forget to add the Empire State Building did you?


And of course, my FAVORITE tourist attraction in NYC. A tribute to John Lennon...one of the best songwriters of all time in my opinion...


After our tour, we sat and down in Bryant Park (which has a spectacular view, I might add)



and ate a cupcake (or two).

Before...



After...



And of course, we couldn’t resist toasting our cupcakes to a wonderful weekend in the city…



For those of you who are visiting the city, you MUST TRY this amazing Italian restaurant called Maria Pia. I can’t remember where it is, but you can find it on Google, (that’s how we found it). Dinner was great! I can’t wait to go back (hint hint mom and dad who will be visiting this weekend)

Here's a pic of the girlies and I at dinner...



Sunday, we enjoyed lunch at the Boat House in Central Park and then sat by a little pond to watch the sailboats..







Ps. Did I mention that I probably gained 10 pounds last weekend? Guess that's what happens when you eat a pastry for breakfast, two cupcakes for "lunch", pasta for dinner, and wait for it....CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CHEESECAKE for a, um, midnight snack??


(If you're in the Times Square area anytime soon, you MUST, I mean, MUST try the cheesecake at Junior's. It's cheap and it's AMAZING!!)

I was so sad to see my Texas friends go on Sunday, but very grateful for a wonderful time!! Can’t wait for my road trip next weekend to Scranton, Pennsylvania, for the Train/John Mayer concert! eek! : )

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment