Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chocolate...

When I made the final decision to come to Sevilla, I came with several goals. My three primary goals were to...

1) Visit as many places in Europe as possible
2) Become fluent in Spanish
3) Eat healthy and return to the United States a few pounds lighter

After two weeks in Spain, I have visited Itálica and many different locations in Sevilla, and I am taking a trip to Córdoba this Friday. Next week I am going on a trip to Barcelona.
My Spanish has improved tremendously, and I am constantly forcing myself to think and talk primarily in Spanish.
Alas, these last two weeks have been a success as far as my first two goals are concerned.

HOWEVER, I have decided to make some changes to goal number three. (I tend to alter my goals rather than alter my habits).
Before I go into the changes I plan to make to goal number three, let me explain the reason for the change.

Isa's house is about a 20 minute walk from the school. I make this walk at least twice a day, and on the way to the school, I pass a little "pastelería," or bakery, called Don Divino. I can smell this place from a mile away. The first 10 days I was here, I resisted the tempting smells of chocolate and pastries and walked quickly past la pasterlería de Don Divino. However, yesterday I made the fatal mistake of entering the shop just to "check it out." Two cookies and a piece of cake later, I waddled out of Don Divino happier than ever.
Today I revisted Don Divino, but didn't buy a pastry because I had already bought one at another bakery near the school.
Saturday, Sunday, and Monday of this week I ate the most AMAZING chocolate fondant ice cream you have ever tasted!

Needless-to-say, my three goals have become...

1) Visit as many places in Europe as possible
2) Become fluent in Spanish
3) Try not to return to the US 100 pounds HEAVIER

That's all for today...Hasta luego!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sorry, it didn't translate too well. What Paw said is: Your chocolate tapeworm did a double gainer off the high board!

Unknown said...

Paw dice que su solitaria chocolate hizo un doble ganado de la Junto de altA!

Post a Comment